Lauren’s conservation contributions:
- In-depth biological assessments of land to conserve under conservation easement for NALT Baseline Documentation
- Monitoring of NALT Conservation Areas in the Southeast
- A background in ecology and conservation biology
- Extensive ornithological conservation and management knowledge
- A Bachelor of Science in Wildlife and Conservation Biology and a Master of Science in Forest Resources with a wildlife concentration
- Certified Associate Wildlife Biologist by the Wildlife Society
Lauren is a Wildlife Biologist based out of Athens, Georgia. She comes to us with a variety of natural resource field jobs under her belt, including ecological monitoring and management on a Georgia barrier island, shorebird management and research on Cape Cod and New Jersey, marsh bird monitoring in Rhode Island and invasive plant management in Death Valley. If you live in the Southeast, you’ll probably meet Lauren when she monitors your Conservation Area, and in the meantime, you might catch her outside, hiking with her dog, birding and biking!