What Matt brings to the table:
- Handling of the monitoring workload in the northeastern states
- Baseline preparation for new projects
- A BS in Wildlife & Fisheries Science with a Forest Science Minor from Penn State University
- Experience in researching fisheries in Alaska with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- A background in working for the U.S. Forest Service, conducting research on red oak regeneration
Matt loves to trout fish, bike, hike, play hockey, trout fish, snowboard, fish, trout fish, camp, tie flies and bird watch. Did we mention he enjoys trout fishing? Matt spends a week every summer as a volunteer for the Yellowstone National Park Cutthroat Trout Restoration Project and intends to do so every summer for as long as he can walk. Enjoying time with family, and being outside and connecting in any way to his natural surroundings is plenty good enough for him.