North American Land Trust (NALT) is pleased to offer a service to landowners who are just beginning to make long-term plans for their property where conservation might fit into their goals. To help you understand what is involved, and for NALT to gain a basic understanding of your goals and needs, we offer the Initial Site Visit. Just as it sounds, this will include a site visit by the appropriate NALT staff person who will meet with you and review your goals, tour the property and evaluate its conservation values. Following the site visit, we will continue our investigations with additional research to understand the regulatory and oversight issues involved with your project.
Services we will provide to you include:
- A visit to the property by one of our Conservation Biologists
- Meeting(s) with you and your property manager
- A review of any databases your team has already assembled for the Property
- A preliminary evaluation of the property’s conservation values and purposes
- Research regulatory and oversight issues involved with your project
The Initial Site Visit Report will provide an in-depth, comprehensive summary report of the visit, including our findings and recommendations. There is great value for a limited outlay of time and money, as both you and NALT will gain an appreciation for whether a Conservation Easement fits with your goals. We will include in the report a detailed description of the process for conserving your property while accommodating your desired future uses of the Property. If we mutually agree to continue, we would proceed to Conservation Easement Planning and Documentation.