What Will brings to the table:
- Management of NALT’s GIS (Geographic Information System)
- Conservation Easement monitoring and site visitation
- Botany expertise and plant communities mapping
- A Master of Arts in Geography from Appalachian State University
- Previous work as a geographer in the Deepwater Horizon oil spill recovery effort
Thanks to a childhood spent living in Southern Appalachia where he grew up, Will has always nurtured a love of nature and the outdoors. In his free time, he enjoys hiking with his wife and dogs, vegetable gardening, bonsai cultivation, cooking and baking. He also plays guitar in a band called “100 spokes,” and he has recorded two hip hop albums.